Thursday, February 18th | 6-8pm
Jayson Ramos will show you the secrets to a dozen herbs to keep you healthy, and home remedies to help you maintain. He’ll also show you how to prep and store your medicines and potions! Students will make a medicinal tincture that everyone can take home.
Meet at the Craftsman Ave Studio fifteen minutes prior to class:
Here are a few examples of herbs and their healing properties:
Plantago major (Plantain)
– for skin, insect bites, scrapes, itchy bumps, pimples
Arnica montana (Arnica)
– for bumps, bruises
Tussilago farafara (colts foot)
– for cough
Verbascum thapsus (Mullein)
– for respiratory health and asthma
Echinacea angustifolia or purpurea
– To encourage and support immunity
– For a safe antibiotic– combined with Ech tincture, it will treat Strep throat
Ligusticum porteri (Osha root)
– For a histamine blocker instead of Benedryl
Artemisia Vulgaris (mugwort, cronewort)
– To ease menstrual cycle symptoms, and encourages lucid dreaming
or visit our front desk!
BKB Field Trips is an event series hosted by Brooklyn Boulders for our community members to connect through unique experiences throughout New York City. For more information, visit BrooklynBoulders.com/fieldtrips.