Our building has been safe and we would not intentionally put our members’ or guests’ safety in jeopardy from a facility standpoint (though climbing is inherently dangerous, which is why you sign a waiver). We can assure you that in almost seven years, we have never had injury or harm due to our construction or the building itself at our Gowanus location. The asks from the Department of Buildings have been on the technical side and are extremely commonplace. The facility upgrades now are being made to our sprinkler system, which is a required adjustment with our new neighbors and will put us in 100% compliance with the city.
For our members, 10-pack holders, and guests, we have set up the reservations system to accommodate you during these changes, which we expect to take several weeks.
In the meantime, we want to call out the following options and answers:
- Members, 10 Pack holders and non-members may reserve a spot on our website, schedules are updated on noon Sunday for the following week
- 10 packs are being honored as members for reservation spots
- Queensbridge has no capacity restrictions at this time and you can book birthdays, events and classes at that location
- In Brooklyn, Sunrise Yoga will take place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8 a.m.,Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 a.m.
- Pilates will be on Wednesdays at 12 p.m.
- Learn The Ropes will take place on weekday evenings from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Lastly, we just want to thank the community that has made Brooklyn Boulders the place that it is today. We are working really hard to sequence this problem left, right, upside-down, and sideways: so thank you, thank you, thank you for your thoughts, constructive feedback, and the wonderful well-wishes we’ve received from members on- and offline. Keep checking here for updates.